Speaking Without Fear - The Art of Impromptu Speaking
The ability to speak clearly and confidently is valuable skill for everyday life as well as for the workplace. However, while most people can probably speak coherently when given several days or weeks to prepare, a call to speak with little or no notice can induce a mind-numbing anxiety that results in a faltering, incoherent and unconvincing speech.
Speaking Without Fear - The Art of Impromptu Speaking will show delegates how to:
- Anticipate occasions when impromptu speaking might be required
- Master that perfectly natural anxiety
- Control your breathing and body language to project confidence
- Construct a clear and coherent outline or that impromptu speech
- Buy yourself time to say what you want and how you want
- Practice impromptu speaking
Who is this for?
Speaking Without Fear - The Art of Impromptu Speaking is for anyone who wants to have a greater impact in their professional and personal lives. This half day workshop is particularly appropriate for new managers who have just started managing their first team, those who want to develop greater confidence and personal presence and anyone seeking to develop essential leadership skills
- What is Impromptu Speaking
- Anticipating situations in which impromptu speaking may be require
- The physical/psychological effects of impromptu speaking
- Knowing your audience
- Constructing your speech
- Techniques to buy yourself time
- Body language and eye contact
- Anecdotes and humour
- Continuing to develop your impromptu speaking skills
- How to close
- Handling questions
Price and Format
This is a Half-Day Day workshop and can be taken as either a morning or afternoon session:
Morning session: 9.30am – 1.30pm
Afternoon session: 1.00pm – 5.00pm
Due to its participatory nature, this workshop runs best with 8-12 delegates. Each course participant receives their own training booklet.
The price for Speaking Without Fear - The Art of Impromptu Speaking as in-house training is just £495 per half-day.
This prices includes all materials, facilitator fees and expenses - UK price only. Pricing for courses outside the UK is available on request.
Click here to book an in-house Speaking Without Fear - The Art of Impromptu Speaking course