Religion and Belief
The Religion & Belief training session provides valuable help and practical support for those wishing to develop greater awareness of religious diversity issues – particularly in the context of the Equality Act 2010 and the Employment Equality (Religion & Belief) Regulations 2003.
At the end of this training delegates will be able to:
• Identify the main provisions of the Equality Act 2010 and Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003
• Understand the legal obligations of both employer and staff regarding religion and belief at work
• Identify the beliefs of the eight largest religious groups in the UK
• Understand the different types of adjustments that can be made to accommodate people’s religion and beliefs in the workplace
• Review current policies and practices to ensure compliance
• Identify behaviour that not only complies with the law but also builds a supportive and inclusive culture
Who is it for?
This course is for all staff and managers
• Belief systems and faith patterns in Great Britain – demographic changes
• Getting to know our neighbours – learning about the beliefs of different faith communities
• Overview of the equality provisions contained in the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003
• Applying the regulations – the legal requirements and practical considerations e.g. food, holidays, dress, etc.
• Direct and indirect discrimination - case studies
• Recognising the needs of different faiths in the workplace – how are we doing?
• Dealing with difficult situations - a case study and model
• Building good relations with people of different faiths and beliefs – our role in religious diversity
• Action checklists for employers and employees
Price and Format
This is a half-day course and organisations or delegates can choose either morning or afternoon sessions. The programme works best with 8-24 delegates. Each course participant receives their own training manual.
Morning session: 9.30am – 1.00pm
Afternoon session: 1.30pm – 5.00pm
Our price for cost for Religion and Belief as in-house training is just £495 per half-day.
This includes all materials, facilitator fees and expenses - UK price only. Pricing for courses outside the UK is available on request.
Click here to enquire about an in-house Religion and Belief training course.