Equality and Diversity for Life!
Because valuing diversity and equality of opportunity is an essential part of business life equality, with many organisations bound by various equality duties, diversity training tends to focus on legislation and the relevance of equality and diversity to the workplace only.
The Sangam Solutions Equality and Diversity for Life workshop broadens the focus of such training to include not just the workplace but civil society as a whole. This training helps participants to recognise how valuing difference can be important for wider society and the global marketplace too, preventing society and organisational cultures from becoming inflexible, stagnant and unproductive in a rapidly changing world.
The workshop starts from the view that the mixing of ideas, cultures, worldviews and experiences allows not just business but all of society to progress. Valuing difference and meeting individual needs helps foster creativity and resilience, enriching employees’ personal and working lives as well as helping them to be better, more proactive and more productive members of a team.
At the end of this training participants will:
• Be aware of the meaning of terms such as diversity, prejudice, stereotypes and discrimination
• Have enhanced their understanding and skills for living in a diverse world
• Have had the opportunity to broaden their knowledge, perspectives, and acceptance of diversity
• Have an appreciation of the role played by power and privilege in creating advantage and disadvantage
• Recognise how important communication is in respect of living and working with diversity
• Understand the impact of assumptions, prejudice and stereotyping on fair treatment of those different from themselves
• Identify ways in which our personal dislikes can be manifested in unfair treatment of others and whether any of these is acceptable
This course is for all staff and managers
• A FRESH approach to Diversity
• Definitions of common terms - diversity, prejudice, stereotypes, discrimination
• Power and privilege and dominance- is the game of life rigged?
• Saying what you mean – Communicating for advantage and disadvantage
• Stereotyping and making Assumptions
• Prejudice and Discrimination
Price and Format
This is a half-day course and organisations or delegates can choose either morning or afternoon sessions:
Morning session: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Afternoon session: 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Due to the participatory group work nature of the course, the course runs best with 8 - 24 delegates. Each course participant receives their own training booklet.
Our price for Equality and Diversity for Life! as in-house training is just £495 per half-day.
This includes all materials, facilitator fees and expenses - UK price only. Pricing for courses outside the UK is available on request.
Click here to enquire about an in-house Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace training course.