By 2011, 35% of the population will be over 55 and all of the indicators are that more people will need to continue working in life. Employers will need to consider how they can best become an employer of choice for older workers and how they can retain older workers in an increasingly competitive market-place. Those who don’t will be left behind.
This one day course comprehensively addresses the actions required to ensure full compliance with the Equality Act 2010 and the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006. The programme also provides practical suggestions on how to develop a workplace that is attractive and responsive to the needs of all workers irrespective of age.
The course which is highly participative includes practical checklists for action
At the end of this training delegates will be able to:
• Identify the main provisions of the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006 and what these mean in practice
• Understand the legal obligations of both employer and staff regarding age diversity at work
• Identify some of the myths and facts about age and employment
• Understand how to ensure an age diverse workforce
• Review current policies and practices to ensure compliance
• Identify behaviour which not only complies with the law but also builds a supportive and inclusive culture
Who is it for?
The training will benefit:
• Anyone in a Supervisory or Management post
• HR and Training Specialists
• What is ageism and why does it occur?
• Age Discrimination – implications for employers now and in the future
• The top 10 myths about older workers
• Age Diversity at work – UK Case Studies
• How to achieve an age diverse workforce
• Essentials of the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006
• Practical case study exercises – what would you advise?
• Developing effective employment practice – 5 key areas
• Checking that your organisation is age positive
• Priorities for action
Price and Format
The 1 Day course commences at 9.30am and finishes at 4.45pm (including lunch and tea breaks)
Due to the participatory group work nature of the course, the course runs best with 12 -18 delegates. Each course participant receives their own training manual.
Our price for Age Diversity as in-house training is just £895 per per day.
This includes all materials, facilitator fees and expenses - UK price only. Pricing for courses outside the UK is available on request.
Click here to enquire about an in-house Age Diversity training course.