Disability Equality - Changing Attitudes & Removing Barriers
In recent years, many public and private sector bodies have gradually realised that their work practices and policies fall far short of fulfilling the needs, rights and aspirations of people with disabilities who are their clients, customers and co-workers and that, in order to change this situation, they need to turn to people with disabilities for education and guidance.
From this realisation has grown the demand for Disability Equality Training run by disabled people, which aims to help people understand the meaning of disability, identify changes in work practice, and plan strategies to implement change.
This one-day course will provide delegates with an understanding of disability equality and equip them with current best practices that benefit diverse stakeholder groups.
Sangam Solutions is delighted to offer this course in partnership with Equality Link Consultancy - specialists in helping clients achieve service excellence through embracing disability equality and diversity in the workplace.
Disability Equality - Changing Attitudes & Removing Barriers will enable participants to:
- Explain why equality for people with disabilities makes business sense, benefiting all stakeholder groups
- Define disability from a Human Rights perspective (Social Model of Disability)
- Identify barriers that people with disabilities face in accessing your service and initiate practical solutions to remove these
- Demonstrate positive language when communicating with and about people with disabilities
- Describe the key points of legislation with regards to the Equality Act 2010
Who is this for?
Disability Equality - Changing Attitudes & Removing Barriers is for a wide variety of audiences, from beginner in the diversity arena to professionals.
- Disability Quiz – How much do you know about people with disabilities?
- Diversity Pays – the case for embracing disability equality
- What is ‘disability’?
- Definitions of disability: Exploring disability from a Human Rights model
- Identifying barriers in service delivery
- Disability Equality Quiz – an overview of the Equality Act 2010
- Mind Your Language – exploring the impact and origin of disabling language
- Removing the barriers – practical examples
- Planning for Change – actions for promoting disability equality in service delivery and workplace
Price and Format
This 1 Day course commences at 9.30am and finishes at 5.00pm (including lunch and tea breaks)
Due to its participatory nature, this workshop runs best with 8-16 delegates. Each course participant receives their own training booklet.
The price for Disability Equality - Changing Attitudes and Removing Barriers as in-house training is just £895 per day.
This includes all materials, facilitator fees and expenses - UK price only. Pricing for courses outside the UK is available on request.
Click here to book an in-house Disability Equality - Changing Attitudes & Removing Barriers course